Tuesday, September 2, 2008

-hello old friend

Mother Nature is a jerk. Not only does having a baby make you fat, hungry, tired and feel like you have a fish hook in your anus, but it also gives us these amazing post-partum hormones. How easily I'd forgotton about that dark friend that wraps it's arms around me while I'm nursing, gives me severe tunnel vision and tells me I don't need to answer the phone or leave the house ever. At least this round I'm able to recognize the sonofab*tch and try to keep my head above water before drowning in the sea of late night-snaggle vag-scabbing nipple-I can never satisfy my appetite-unshoweredness.

Here's a quick list of some of the things I think about to keep me afloat:
-Ade is so cute
-The soothing effects of Lilo and Stitch
-Completely neglected friends are fast forgiving
-Perfect people are creepy
-All of my siblings are currently absorbed in newborn insanity as well (except Elder Dave)
-I'm getting hardwood floors on Tuesday
-Renesmee is the worst name
-I can survive without chocolate, diet coke, peppers, onions and seafood
-Jenna is my new social bodyguard
-My mom did this 5 times
-Fall is coming!!
-My husband loves The Hills and Gossip Girl more than yours



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! You guys definately make cute boys! Wish you the best. ;)

teamBoo said...

Although my "vag" is still intact i really have no excuse for my own unshoweredness. As for you, no one should have to worry about being clean when their nipples are on fire. i remember thinking that wouldn't happen the second time around...i'd fantasize my eyes could shoot lasers at those who dared to talk to me while nursing.

I'l get my turn again, until then here is to your speedy recovery!

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

Oh look at those boys. What a pair of little angels. You sit back and enjoy your hermit-ness. I will be waiting outside your home ready to cunny slap anyone who dares enter without a full meal and nice things to say about what a trooper you are for birthing two kids.

Love you.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

No one expects you to do anything - yeah. Enjoy it because once it starts it probably won't slow down. PS - I love Brooks

Steve and Shell said...

i dont think their is a bigger fan of g-gurl or the hills than steve. (maybe me) oh ya, and steve just yelled that he hopes we grow up to be like you two. babys and all. we cant wait to see Ade!

Kat said...

I was just thinking that Renesmee was the worst name as well. Whadya know

Unknown said...

I'm glad it's not just me! I managed to make it through the first two babies without major postpartum issues but baby #3 was my downfall! I had a mental brakedown after about a month of no sleep and my mama's boy was jealous so he turned into a nightmare! One day Brad walked in at about 11 o'clock and I was in my robe in the fetal position on the floor bauling while Gunnar was poking me with a toy over and over saying "What's wrong. What's wrong. What's wrong..." I had hit a wall. Brad took pitty on me and took the kids to Burger King so I could take a nap. So I totally feel for you! Hang in there!