Sunday, July 6, 2008

Stars, stripes and pancakes

Nothing screams patriotism like a stack of pancakes and a round of golf in 114 degree weather. Right?
Well with this crew- this is how we do.
I'm amazed that everyone's up for a 9:30am party that drags on for 8 hours every year and revolves around gaining weight but really, what else is there to do in AZ? And to be completely honest, it's become one of my favorite holidays. God bless the USA.


Jenna with the Acai juice or as I like to call it the "Sharing way too much personal information" serum.




I love how excited Ellie "The Canadian" gets about the 4th. She wears red white and blue has such organized fruit on her plate.




Here's Calvin, the new munch mouth in the group.


"Sure I'll pose for a picture after eating a million pancakes. But only if I can stand next to Heather"


Mrs. Hodges and Brooksy and Chipmunk #2



The boys- before golfing/corn chips and syrup time.



This is what happens when you're overstimulated and won't go down for a nap until 5.

3 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

That is so weird the same exact thing happened to me this weekend, I woke up in a high chair with a mouthful of partially digested macaroni. I think it was my body's way of saying that it was proud to be an American.

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

Thanks for the best day ever. Also thanks for letting me poach these pics for my blog.

Kat said...

Looks like you all had a great 4th! sad to miss it. Hope you are feeling ok. I'm sure you're ready to be done though!
Brooks is looking so grown up!